August 17, 2011

Lies Homeschooling Moms Believe

Lies Homeschooling Moms BelieveLies Homeschooling Moms Believe by Todd Wilson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another great book by Todd Wilson. I really love his humor and his honesty.

In this book he looks at the common 'lies' we homeschoolers all seem to believe like "everyone has a clean house except me" and "everyone else's kids are really obedient, talented, smart, etc". He points out the lies and then shows WHY they are lies and how to feel differently about them.

I so identified with many of the points made here and it helped calm my fears and doubts. If you are at all worried you're not doing a good job homeschooling your kids or that you're the only one who doesn't have it together, this will help.  This book will stay on my shelf forever, and I try to re-read it every year to not only remind myself that everything will be okay, but that I need to set an example of transparency for those around me, to show that I am human and not Super Homeschool Mom, because I'm not!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment