August 16, 2011

Cashew Almond Butter Chocolately Goodness


This recipe comes from my good friend Misty.  It is one of my favorite smoothies because it tastes like a milkshake.  I save it for a treat, for when I need something sweet.  

  • 4 c frozen bananas
  • 1/2 c cacao nibs
  • 1/2 tbsp cashew butter
  • 2 c vanilla almond milk*
  • 1/4 c agave (I use raw honey)
Blend all ingredients in high powered blender like my beloved Blendtec.  I should give that thing a name.
*Sometimes I don't have almond milk so I just use raw almonds (soaked and dried) with water or homemade almond milk. I also usually add in a few handfuls of raw cashews (also soaked and dried) and sometimes some almond butter.
If you make your own almond milk and/or nut butters this would be considered a "raw" recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment