August 9, 2010

Two fantastic (and free) resources

I was SO excited to find these and thought I should pass them on.

First, is My Audio School. It has a lot of wonderful, living books all neatly organized. You can access about 25% of it for free, the rest you need to pay $14.99 per year. I am trying out all the free stuff before I decide on a subscription.

Second, is Sqool Tube. This site contains many, many, many excellent videos. Think Bill Nye, Magic School Bus, Schoolhouse Rock, etc. Most of these I can't find at my library and buying them is too expensive (Bill Nye DVDs are $50 each!!!). But these are FREE! They have history, math, science, and many more. I hope this site never goes away. Ever. And I hope they keep adding to it. Wait, hold the presses....I just clicked around on some of their other links and they have a lot of books you can view online (or links to books you can read). Yippee! It will take me a while to explore everything.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some great links. Thanks so much for sharing them with us. I will start using www.sqooltube.com right away for some science. Love that we can now watch Bill Nye, can't seem to get his videos anywhere.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hopped over from Mama to 3 Blessings and discovered these links. Can't wait to check them out. I love FREE! :o)

    You have a great blog. I'm now following!

    ReplyDelete