March 1, 2011

All About Reading

As I've mentioned previously, I love the All About Spelling program.  And now they have All About Reading Level Pre-1, available tomorrow!!!  I have been (impatiently) waiting and I'll be first in line to buy.  (There will be other levels in the near future and all will correspond with the AAS program.)

The author, Marie Rippel, has offered two free e-books for you to preview.  You can download them here.  If you want to buy the program, you can purchase it from the All About Spelling site (please use the link on the right so I can get a small commission!) or you can use this link.

Here is more information from their official announcement:

Level Pre-1 teaches preschoolers and kindergarteners a very specific set of skills that we call the Big Five Skills. These five skills help young children understand the basics of language and how it works, preparing them to learn to read. 

With All About Reading Level Pre-1, your child will play special games, enjoy little crafts, and engage in charming storytime activities--all the while absorbing these all-important Big Five Skills



Updated to add:
They just lowered the price as of last night!  And they are offering $20 in free product if you order before March 7th.


Updated August 2011 - I did order Pre-Level 1 and then I returned it.  My youngest son (who was 4 at the time) already knew his letter names and sounds and was putting simple words together.  This program, while EXCELLENT, was too easy for him.  I loved the activities and instruction and really debated whether I'd use this for him.  I even made my husband sit down and look through it (twice).  The conclusion was that it would have been busy work for him - he would have enjoyed doing it, but he had already mastered the skills.  Pre-Level 1 would be perfect for a child just learning their letters and sounds and the activities are varied and fun.  Some days I wish I had another child to teach reading to....

No comments:

Post a Comment